Autotreat is a boiler water conditioner designed for optimum protection of ships boiler systems when used in conjunction with Oxygen Scavenger Plus. The product combines well known phosphate treatment with new polymer technology. This ensures that precipitates are kept soft and no adherent for easy removal by blow down. The product should always be used in conjunction with an oxygen scavenger, preferably Rxsol Oxygen Scavenger Plus. Note that this product is formulated for use in conjunction with good quality feed water.
The product should preferably be dosed continuously with a Rxsol Boiler Water Treatment Dosing Unit. Alternatively the product can be fed into the feed line by means of a by-pass pot feeder.
Dosage and control
Minimum dosage is 1.2 liters of Autotreat/ton of boiler capacity to reach a P-Alkalinity level of 100 ppm. For an untreated system it is recommended to initially bring the treatment up to a suitable level of 200 ppm p-Alkalinity. The dosage chart given below is for convenience to determine the amount of product required to elevate P-Alkalinity. Note that the table is based on reaching 200 ppm. P-Alkalinity.
Sampling and testing
A representative sample of boiler water should be drawn for analysis daily. The sample should always be taken from the same point after blow down, cooled and tested immediately. Follow the Spectrapak Test Kit instructions and log the results. It is important that regular testing is carried out to ensure that treatment levels are correct.
- Liquid boiler water treatment chemical for simplified dosing and handling.
- Suitable for all boilers, up to 30 Bar pressure.
- Prevents scaling and corrosion, increasing system life and reliability.
- Contains volatile amines to neutralize acids occurring in condensate system.
- Dispersant action suspends sludge and sediment particles for efficient removal by blow down.
- Suitable for dosing with Rxsol Boiler Water Treatment Dosing Unit.
- Keeps boiler tube surfaces clean, promoting the best heat transfer conditions, saving energy.
- Simple testing to determine treatment level.